- The borders will be closed until June 15, 2020. Only foreigners and residents will be allowed to enter the country, where they’ll be given a sanitary order of isolation for 14 days.
- Tourist visas, for foreigners who entered after December 17th, 2019, will be extended automatically until August 18th, 2020.
- Pending documents, appeals, and invalidity incidents: will be extended until September 18th, 2020.
- The requests for legal stay: They’ll start to be received until July 18th, 2020.
- The validity of all birth, criminal and marriage certificates are extended until September 18th 2020.
- If you’re a permanent or temporary resident or have a special category, and your DIMEX has expired after December 18th, 2019, its validity will be extended until September 30, 2020. From that date, all residents will have 3 months to renew their foreigner identification document (DIMEX).
- Appointments to document for the first time or renew DIMEX, can be made at the Costa Rican Post Office and the BCR.
The government is working every day on new measures in conjunction with the Legislative Assembly. At GLC we are committed to giving you fresh and updated information.
If you are not sure how to implement the measures in your specific case, we invite you to contact the GLC Team as follows:
Call us at 2105-3100 or write to us at email@example.com